It’s barbecue season, but in among the juicy beefburgers, hotdogs and prawns, are you preparing something to offer vegans? More and more people are changing to a plant-based diet – and with good health and environmental reasons.
Violife plant-based cheese has less than half the climate footprint of dairy cheese, and its production also occupies less than a third of the land when compared to dairy cheese.
See also: Iced Coffee Recipes for a Cool Summer
At the same time, Violife makes sure you can enjoy all the delicious tasting food that you really love with a fantastic range of vegan cheese products. Violife is proud to be 100% vegan – but you don’t have to be vegan yourself to enjoy it!
Try this delicious Le Rond Change Burger recipe for an example.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
- 150g Violife Le Rond Camembert flavour
- 1 Vegan brioche burger bun
- 1 tbsp Cranberry sauce
- A handful of baby spinach
- Handmade French fries, wedges, to serve
FOR THE COLESLAW:
- 30g Red cabbage, thinly grated
- 30g White cabbage, thinly grated
- 1 carrot, roughly grated
- 2 tbsp vegan mayonnaise
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Slice the burger bun and place on a baking tray and in the oven for 2 minutes until crispy.
- To make the coleslaw combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Place Violife Le Rond on a baking tray and place in the preheated oven for 7 minutes until nice and melted.
- To assemble the burger, add coleslaw to your base bun, top with Le Rond, cranberry sauce, baby spinach and top with the bun.
Serve alongside French fries or wedges and with the remaining coleslaw.
See also: Vegan Recipes for a Healthier January