- 1 Large sweet potato
- 2 Spring onion sliced
- Small bunch of rocket
- 2 tsp Honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Slices of goats’ cheese
- 50 g Black and white sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
- Peel the sweet potato and slice into thin length-wise strips.
- Dress the sweet potato with the honey, a little salt and pepper, sesame oil and a little olive oil, mix well and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, drizzle the goats’ cheese with a little olive oil and top with the sesame seeds, place under a grill for 3 or 4 minutes or until the cheese starts to melt and the seeds are golden.
- Add the rocket and onion to the sweet potato and mix.
- Place a handful of salad on the centre of the plate, top with a slice of goats’ cheese and serve.
- This salad is fantastic with some warm walnut crusty bread.
- A mandolin is a cooking utensil used for slicing and for cutting. You can buy one in any good kitchen shop.