- 1 pieces Red Onion , Diced
- 2 tbsp Steenbergs Sumac
- 1 knob Butter
- 350 g Cous cous
- 350 ml Boiling Water
- 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp Steenbergs organic harissa powder
- 1/2 can organic chickpeas
- 2 tbsp Light tahini
- 1/2 pieces Lemon, Juiced
- 50 ml Olive oil
- 4 pieces Red Peppers
- pieces Steenbergs perfect salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Fry the red onion in saucepan in a little oil until translucent but not coloured.
- Add the sumac and stir briefly. Pour in the cous cous and butter.
- Add the boiling water to the pan and mix together. Put a lid on the pan and remove from the heat. Set aside for later.
- Warm 4 tbsp of olive oil and the Steenbergs harissa spice in a pan for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Set aside
- In a food processor, add the chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, salt and pepper and blitz together. Slowly add 50ml of olive oil until combined and smooth.
- Pour out the houmous into a bowl and drizzle over the harissa oil and ripple with a fork.
- Remove the top ¼ from the peppers and remove all the seeds and white pith from inside. Oil the outside of the peppers and put in a roasting tray.
- Fluff up the cous cous with a fork and spoon the cous cous into each pepper. Drizzle a little olive oil into each pepper and season the top of the cous cous. Replace the pepper lid and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Serve a roasted pepper with the Harissa houmous, salad and flatbread.