- 50 g Muscovado sugar
- 65 g Ground almonds
- 50 g Plain flour
- 50 g Cold butter
- 200 g Sweet Eve strawberries
- 200 g Fresh blackberries
- 120 g Caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Rosewater
- 2 tbsp Elderflower water
- pieces Fresh cream, for serving
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C.
- To make the crumble, pour the muscovado sugar, ground almonds and flour into a roomy bowl and mix well. Rub in the butter until a lumpy, crumbly dough starts forming.
- Place the crumble mixture on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment. Bake for 20 minutes, then set the crumble aside to cool.
- Slice the Sweet Eve strawberries into small pieces and then place in a saucepan with the blackberries, caster sugar, and lemon juice.
- Place on a medium heat and keep mixing, so as to form a soft compote syrup, mashing the berries with a wooden spoon. This should take around 8 minutes. Take off the heat to cool slightly and mix in the rosewater and elderflower cordial.
- To serve, place the Sweet Eve strawberry compote syrup at the bottom of a serving cup or plate and sprinkle the crumble on top. Serve with fresh cream.