- 250 g rice, long grain/basmati/brown
- 400 g chicken, diced
- 150 g broccoli
- 150 g carrots , cut into matchsticks
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tbsp honey, runny
- juice of 1 orange
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, chopped finely
1. Put the rice on to cook, according to instructions on the packet.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan or a wok, and then add the diced pork or chicken. After around 10 minutes and just as the meat starts to turn a golden brown, add the broccoli, carrots and red pepper, and fry together with the pork or chicken for another 5 minutes.
3. Once all the meat and vegetables have cooked through, add the Soya sauce, honey and orange juice to the pan. Toss all the ingredients well in the sauces.
4. Once the rice is cooked, tip that into your pan, and stir everything together so the meat, veggies and rice all get a good coating of the sticky sauce. Let it cook for around 5 minutes or until the sauce has reduced a little.
5. Serve steaming in bowls, with a little sprinkling of spring onions on top.
For more information about Kate Finch and to view more of her recipes, visit www.juniorpantry.co.uk