- 4 Eggs, Eggs for Soldiers
- 675 g Potatoes
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 100 g Chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 400 g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Crusty bread, for serving
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into 1.5cm pieces. Par boil the potatoes in lightly salted water for 5 minutes then drain well.
2. Heat enough oil in a large saucepan to deep fry. Add the potatoes and fry until golden and crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Put to one side.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a medium sized frying pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and paprika and fry for a further minute. Remove the excess oil with a spoon.
4. Add the tomatoes and parsley to the onion and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Return the potatoes to the frying pan and stir to coat in the sauce. Make 4 wells in the mixture and drop an egg into each. Cover and cook over a gentle heat for 3-4 minutes until the white has set but the yolks are still runny. Serve immediately with plenty of crusty bread.
As well as being a great meal, for every khaki green box of six Eggs for Soldiers sold, a donation of 15p goes directly to Help for Heroes.