- 4 Salmon fillets, cut into 4cm cubes
- 1 Large cucumber, cut into 1cm thick slices
- 1 glass White wine
- 3 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Poppy seeds
- 1 tbsp Caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Wooden skewers, soaked in cold water for a couple of hours
- In a bowl whisk the white wine, soy sauce, poppy seeds, sugar and oil.
- Place the salmon and cucumber in the marinade and leave in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Thread alternating chunks of salmon and cucumber onto the wooden skewers.
- Either barbeque, place under the grill or cook on a griddle pan until salmon is golden and cooked through.
* Chef’s Tip: whilst the skewers are on the grill, occasionally brush some of the marinade over the skewers for added flavour.