- 2.5 tbsp Spicentice ras el hanout rub
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1.2 kg boneless lamb, untied
- 225 g couscous
- 110 g pomegranate seeds
- a large handful of finely chopped parsley leaves
- 40 g toasted flaked almonds
- juice of 1 1/2 lemons
- 300 g yogurt
- a small handful of finely chopped mint leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
1. Pre heat the oven to 200C/ 400F/ Gas 6, leaving a roasting tray in the oven to heat up. Meanwhile mix 1.5 tbsp. ras el hanout rub, salt and 3 tbsp. olive oil in a small mixing bowl and rub all over the lamb. Carefully place the lamb on the hot roasting tray, skin side up, and roast for 30 minutes, or until golden on the outside and rare in the middle. Remove from the oven, cover with tin foil and leave to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
2. Meanwhile tip the couscous and 1 1/2 tsp. ras el hanout rub into a large mixing bowl and pour over 375ml warm water. Cover with cling film and leave for 8 minutes, or until tender, then fluff with a fork to separate the grains. Add the pomegranate seeds, parsley, almonds, lemon juice, 2 tbsp. olive oil and good pinch of salt. Mix everything together really well, cover with cling film and set to one side.
3. Pour the yogurt into a mixing bowl and add the lemon juice, mint and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix everything together, cover with cling film and set to one side.
4. Slice up the hot lamb and serve with couscous and yogurt on the side.