- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 pack Cooks’ Ingredients Thyme
- 2 pieces shallots, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 850 g beef, top rump roast
- 700 g Butternut Squash, sliced
- 500 g Beef Gravy, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Mix together the garlic, thyme, sliced shallots, olive oil and seasoning in a shallow dish. Add the beef, turning to coat in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1½ –2 hours, turning a couple of times. Remove from the marinade. Add the squash to the leftover marinade and toss to coat.
2. Heat a heavy-duty roasting tin on the hob over a high heat and brown the beef on all sides then transfer the tin to the oven and calculate the cooking time: 20 minutes per 500g for rare, 25 minutes for medium and 30 minutes for well done. Cook for the calculated time adding the butternut squash to the tin for the last 40 minutes and turn once during cooking.
3. Remove the beef from the oven and transfer to a warm platter. Serve with the roasted butternut squash wedges, the heated gravy, and Yorkshire pudding.
More than 5,000 recipes can be found at www.waitrose.com/recipes.