If you are looking for a romantic drink to make at home for Valentine’s Day, but you don’t want to break your post-Christmas diet, try this heart-warming ‘mocktail’ (alcohol-free cocktail) recipe from Aldi. It looks great with your Valentine’s Day meal, it’s the perfect complement to a delicious home-cooked recipe, and it won’t pile on the pounds!
- 600g washed Rhubarb
- 250g Caster Sugar
- 150ml Water
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 1 bottle Elderflower Sparkling Water
- 24 Large Blueberries
- Ice and Mint Leaves, to serve
- Chop the rhubarb into small chunks. Put into a large pan along with the lemon juice, caster sugar and water. Slowly bring to the boil to dissolve the sugar, then turn down the heat and simmer briskly for about 25 minutes, stirring as you cook, until the rhubarb is very soft and the liquid is thickened.
- Strain through a sieve, pushing through to extract as much pulp as possible and allow to cool, then chill.
- Put 6 blueberries on 4 thin kebab sticks, to use as stirrers.
- Divide between 4 tall glasses, add ice, mint leaves and top with the sparkling water. Place a blueberry stirrer into each glass and serve.
See also: Going Wild With Valentine’s Day Game Recipes
See also: Valentine’s Day Breakfast Chocolate Pancakes