- 1 kg Pink Lady apples, Peeled, cored and grated
- 200 g Oats
- 70 ml Golden syrup
- 150 g Butter
- 40 g Sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ground ginger
1. Simmer the Pink Lady® apples gently in a covered pan with the sugar, until they become soft.
2. Add the butter and golden syrup and bring to a gentle simmer.
3. Gently stir in the oats, salt and ginger to coat through.
4. Pour the mixture into a buttered cake tin (8in round) and bake in the oven at 180C for 30 minutes. Allow to cool before turning out.
Recipe courtesy of www.pinkladyapples.co.uk