- 1 Clove of garlic, crushed
- A pinch of black pepper
- 150 g Grana Padano Cheese
- 500 g Of Giancarlo’s mushroom
- 100 g Prosciutto di San Daniele, thinly sliced and chopped
- 400 g Dried short pasta
- 400 ml Double cream
1.Put a large saucepan of salted water on to boil. Drop in the pasta and cook until al dente.
2. Meanwhile in a saucepan heat the cream with the garlic and the black pepper.
3. Add the Grana Padano Cheese and cook until the cheese melts.
4. Add the cooked mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
5. Toss the pasta into the sauce and mix well.
6. Just before serving, top the pasta with the Prosciutto di San Daniele.
Makes 300g cooked weight, serves 4 as a vegetable side dish
50ml extra-virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed and peeled
3 large sprigs of thyme
3 – 4 sprigs rosemary
Half to one red chilli, depending on strength, finely sliced
Generous pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper
500g mixed mushrooms, (e.g. white cup, oyster, portobello, crimini, porcini) washed or brushed as necessary, thickly sliced
100ml tap water or stock
7. Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and when hot, add the garlic, thyme, rosemary, chilli and salt and pepper.
8. Fry for just a minute and then add the mushrooms, cooking on a high heat, tossing or stirring frequently.
9. When the water from the mushrooms has evaporated, and they have become browned and slightly crisp, they are ready.