- 350 g Short crust pastry all butter
- 1 Onion
- 1 Glove Garlic
- 25 g Butter
- 1 Pear
- Juice from one lemon
- 150 g Spinach
- 75 g Pecan
- 75 g Hazelnuts
- 75 g Almonds
- 50 g Fresh bread crumb
- 1 Egg, beaten with 1 tsp water
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp Ground coriander
- Salt and pepper
1. Neatly line a 450 loaf tin with half the pastry and pop in the fridge to chill.
2.Peel onion and garlic, dice and sweat down in the butter until soften.
3. Wilt the spinach in a hot pan and set aside in a colander.
4. Now peel and core the pear; chop it roughly and dress in the lemon juice set aside.
5. Make the stuffing by chopping all nuts coarsely and mixing in the egg, breadcrumb and spice. Add a splash of milk if the stuffing is too stiff. Stir through the pear and season to taste.
6. Layer half the mixture on the bottom of the lined tin. Squeeze out any excess water from the spinach and lay on top of the nut stuffing. Place the remaining stuffing on top of the spinach.
7. Role of the remaining pastry and neatly crimp on onto the top of the loaf. Decorate with leaf using remaining pasty.
8. Chill the loaf for a few hours or leave in the fridge overnight if you are making on Christmas Eve.
9. Bake at 180oC for 40 minutes until golden brown. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before removing and slicing.