- 100 g softened butter
- 2 tsp Steenbergs za’atar
- 1 tsp Steenbergs organic 4 pepper mix
- 3 tsp parsley, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- 1 tsp Steenbergs organic cumin
- 1 tsp Steenbergs organic paprika
- 1 tin organic chopped tomatoes
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper or Steenbergs organic perfect salt, to taste
- 4 free range eggs
- Soft white farmhouse loaf bread
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the softened butter into a mixing bowl and add the za’atar, peppercorns and parsley and mix together.
- Spoon out the butter mixture onto cling film and roll into a sausage shape. Chill the butter in the fridge until later.
- In an ovenproof frying pan, fry together the onion, chilli and Steenbergs cumin and paprika for a couple of minutes.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until thick and reduced.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook until they soften—1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper or some of Steenbergs organic perfect salt.
- Make 4 little wells in the tomato sauce in the pan and break an egg into each one.
- Place the pan into the oven for about 10 minutes or until your eggs are cooked to your liking.
- While the eggs are cooking slice your white farmhouse loaf into thick slices and spread on the za’atar and peppercorn butter.
- Grill until golden brown.
- Serve the toast and top with a baked egg and some sauce from the pan.
Click here to learn about the different kinds of pepper from all over the world