- 150 g baby carrots, with green tops, scrubbed
- 400 g baby ‘Anya’ potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 4 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt flakes
- freshly ground black pepper
- 250 g pack ‘ready to eat’ mixed grains
- 100 g spinach, rocket and watercress salad
- 100 g blueberries
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled into small pieces
- 3 tsp olive oil , for dressing
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar, for dressing
- 1 tsp maple syrup, for dressing
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard, for dressing
1. Preheat the oven to 200oC/400oF/Gas Mark 6. Add the carrots and potatoes to a small roasting tin, sprinkle with the fennel and pumpkin seeds then drizzle over the maple syrup and oil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper. Roast for 30-40 minutes, turning once or twice until tender and browned.
2. When the vegetables are almost ready, reheat the grains in the microwave as the pack directs. Tip out on to a large platter and sprinkle with the salad leaves, blueberries and feta.
3. Add the dressing ingredients to a jug and fork together. Add the roasted vegetables to the salad with any sticky pan juices then pour over the dressing to taste and serve warm.