Here’s the latest in our series of light midweek meals from Cooks&Co. This salmon terrine with peppers is great as a starter or to take on picnics.
Prep: 20 minutes plus chilling and setting
Cook: 7 minutes
- 5 sheets leaf gelatine
- 300ml hot vegetable stock
- 235g jar Cooks&Co Sweet Drop Peppers, drained
- 2 salmon fillets (260g)
- 100g asparagus tips
- 260g bag spinach
- 50ml double cream
- 125g Cooks&Co Roasted Red & Yellow Peppers, halved lengthways
- 100g cream cheese
- Line 900g loaf tin with clingfilm.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water for 5 minutes, squeeze out excess water and stir in the hot stock until dissolved.
- Pour the sweety drop peppers into the prepared tin and pour over 150ml of the stock, allow to cool and set.
- Meanwhile, cook the salmon in boiling water for 5 minutes, cool, remove the skin and flake. Blanch the asparagus in the same water for 2 minutes remove and cool under cold water, set aside. Place the spinach in a large bowl cover with clingfilm and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes until wilted, cool slightly and squeeze out excess liquid, set aside.
- Mix the salmon with the cream and 75ml stock, season and spoon over the sweety drop layer. Press in the asparagus and then lay the red and yellow peppers on top.
- Place the spinach and cream cheese in a food processor and blitz until smooth, season and add remaining stock, spread over the peppers, cover with clingfilm and chill until completely set, ideally overnight.
- Slice to serve.