Fettuccine with Asparagus Pesto
500g fresh or dry linguine
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, peeled
1 bunch basil
100g pine nuts
1. Remove the tough ends of the asparagus stalks with a knife, cut the remaining pieces into 4cm segments. Steam or boil the asparagus for 4-5 minutes until barely tender.
2. Meanwhile, cook the linguine according to packet instructions.
3. Place the cooked pasta and the asparagus tips into a large serving bowl.
4. Place the remaining asparagus in a food processor with the juice of half a lemon, olive oil, garlic, basil, pine nuts and half of the parmesan cheese. Add a splash of hot water and blend until the pesto mixture becomes fairly smooth.
5. Scoop the pesto mixture out and combine with the pasta. Grate over the remaining parmesan, finish with a final squeeze of lemon and serve.
Spinach & Feta Filo Parcels
2 spring onions, chopped
3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
70g feta cheese, crumbled
1 tbsp dill
1 tsp lemon zest
Salt and pepper, to taste
4 sheets filo pastry
1 knob of butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 200C/gas mark 6. Wilt the spinach in a pan then drain out the excess water with your hands.
2. Mix together the spinach, spring onions, sun-dried tomatoes, feta, dill and lemon zest in a bowl. Season and set aside.
3. Lay out a square of filo pastry, brush with melted butter and lay over another square perpendicular to the first. Spoon out a portion of the spinach mix in the pastry, cover with another layer of pastry and seal.
4. Repeat the process until all of the spinach mixture is used and you have a full batch of parcels. Lay them on a baking sheet, brush each with a little melted butter and bake for 10-15 minutes. Serve hot or cold.