Bring the Union Flag to your Platinum Jubilee party with this delicious celebration tart from Mary Berry. Goat’s Cheese, Grilled Red Peppers and Red Onion Tart with Mary Berry’s Honey & Balsamic Vinaigrette is one of a range of recipes using Mary Berry’s Dressings, perfect for street parties, picnics and entertaining this summer. Find out more about Mary Berry’s foods here.
See also: Fair Trade Day Dark Milk Pretzel Toffee Cake
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 50 mins
Total time: 1hr
- 1 pack ready to roll puff pastry
- 3 red peppers
- 4 red onions
- 180g soft goat’s cheese
- 1 egg for glaze
- Olive oil drizzle
- Honey for drizzling
- Green salad
- 6 tbsp Mary Berry’s Honey & Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
- Chop the red peppers and red onions into medium size chunks (approx. 3cm x 3cm). Place on a baking tray, each on its own side. Drizzle both with olive oil and the onion side with some honey too. Cook for 20-25 mins until softened.
- Meanwhile, prepare the pastry. Line a flat baking sheet with baking parchment and unroll the puff pastry sheet onto it. Prick all over the inside of the rectangle with a fork.
- Then arrange the filling as you like (you can create the union jack like we did). Add the grilled peppers, onions and goat’s cheese and brush the sides of the pastry with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, until the pastry is golden and crisp.
- Toss the salad in Mary Berry’s Honey & Balsamic Vinaigrette and serve. This is also great at room temperature.