Dame Mary Berry hardly needs any introduction – a well-known and highly respected cookery writer, TV cook and Aga expert, throughout the years she has become a trusted and down to earth cook who produces fool-proof recipes time and time again. Mary was honoured with a CBE in the 2012 Queen’s Birthday honours list for her services to the culinary arts.
Along with her daughter Annabel, Mary started recreating family recipe dressings and sauces to sell to consumers and in 1994 the Mary Berry’s range was launched. For the mother and daughter team it was about delivering top quality dressings and sauces, using the very best ingredients.
Mary Berry’s now has a great presence in the grocery stores nationwide with a premium range of dressings. You can find out more about the range, which includes Classic, Caesar, Light, Honey & Balsamic Vinaigrette, Mango, Lime & Chili and Blue Cheese varieties, here.
Mary Berry’s recipe for Paprika Corn-on-the-Cob uses her Light Salad dressing, is quick and easy to prepare and makes the ideal midweek meal for the family.
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 10 minutes
- 4 corn-on-the-cob
- 25g Parmesan, finely grated
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp Mary Berry’s Light Salad Dressing
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped plus extra to serve
- 1 tsp smoked paprika, plus extra to serve
- Cook the corn in boiling water for 5 minutes, remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Blend together the Parmesan, mayonnaise, salad dressing spring onions and paprika, season.
- Preheat the grill. Place the corn on a foil lined baking tray and spread with half the mixture and grill for 3-4 minutes until just beginning to char. Turn the corn over and spread with remaining mixture and grill again for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve sprinkled with extra spring onions and paprika.
Great for cooking on the barbecue. Prepare in advance and grill when required.
See also: Mary Berry’s Asian Prawn and Mango Salad