The OliveOlive Mediterranean Cookbook by Rob and Pam Marsden is filled with 45 healthy and delicious Mediterranean recipes for you to savour.
Made by Pam’s Cypriot family and friends, their products have met with awards and acclaim but the most-asked question from OliveOlive customers is always “how do we cook with them?”. Enter The OliveOlive Mediterranean Cookbook!
From a Greek-style risotto to an irresistible Orange, Dark Chocolate and Olive Oil Cake, this book covers all bases without compromising a healthy lifestyle.
The cookbook is available to purchase from Amazon, bookshops including Waterstones and online from www.mezepublishing.co.uk
Marta Wierzbicka is a good friend and a big fan of all things OliveOlive. This recipe is simple but delicious and perfect for outdoor dining. Marta likes to cook all the vegetables with the halloumi on the barbecue, if the weather allows!
Total time: 55 minutes (15 minute preparation, 40 minutes cooking time)
Serves: 4-6 people
- 1 large or 2 small aubergines
- 1 large or 2 small courgettes
- Red, yellow, and orange peppers
- 6-8 open cup mushrooms
- 250g halloumi
- Generous drizzle of olive oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Chilli flakes, garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano (optional)
- Sprig of fresh rosemary (optional) Fresh parsley, to garnish
- First, prepare the vegetables. Slice the aubergine and courgette into rounds about 1cm thick.
- Halve the peppers and remove their cores, seeds and white membranes. If liked, peel the skin off the mushrooms. Lastly, cut the halloumi into slices about 0.5cm thick.
- Lay all the prepared vegetables and halloumi on a baking tray and drizzle with the olive oil, then season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle over some dried herbs or other flavourings of your choice.
- Place the tray under a hot grill to cook until everything is golden brown on both sides. You could also do this on a barbecue. If you like, add the fresh rosemary to the tray while cooking.
- When the vegetables are ready, let everything cool down a little. Peel the skin off the peppers, then slice them into bite-size chunks.
- Chop the rest of the veggies into bite-size chunks if needed and arrange them on a platter. Place the halloumi on the top and garnish the salad with a little fresh parsley.