- 20 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ginger puree
- 1 clove of chopped garlic
- 60 g diced onion
- 300 g minced beef
- 200 g diced steak
- 1 tbsp chili puree
- 3/4 tbsp tomate puree
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 375 g chopped tinned tomatoes
- pinch ground cumin
- 250 g cooked black beans
- pinch salt
- 20 g chopped coriander
- rice and soft tortillas to serve
- watercress and soured cream to garnish
1. Crush and roughly chop the garlic & coriander. Heat the oil in a pan with the onions, garlic, ginger and chili puree and cook to add colour, then add the cumin, crushed chilli & sauté for a couple of minutes.
2. Add the diced steak & seal, add the minced beef & cook until browned.
3. Add the tomato & chilli puree, chopped tomatoes and beans. Cook for approx. 1 hour to reduce.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, chopped coriander, check seasoning and remove from the heat.
Serve with rice and soft tortillas. Garnish with watercress and a tablespoon of soured cream.