- 100 ml lemon juice
- 400 ml water
- 0.5 tbsp salt
- 1.5 tbsp toasted & crushed cumin seeds
- 25 g chopped coriander
- 3×35 g cooked chicken pieces
- 2×5 inch corn & flour tortillas
- 20 g pink pickled onions
- 10 g rocket tossed in basil olive oil
- 50 ml veg oil
- 4 tbsp pureed garlic
- 350 g diced white onion
- 1.5 diced red bullet chillies
- 4 tbsp chilli puree
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
To make the garlic & chipotle sauce:
1. Heat the oil in a pan, then add the garlic, onions and red bullet chillies. Cook through and colour the onions and garlic.
2. Then stir in the chilli puree and paprika.
3. Add the vinegar, lemon juice, salt, sugar and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 8-15 minutes.
4. Thoroughly blend and then add crushed toasted cumin and chopped coriander.
5. Check taste and adjust if needed.
To make the anticuchos:
1. Place the chicken on the chargrill and cook for 1 minute on each side. Lightly grill the tortillas for 30 seconds on each side to give grill marks.
2. Toss the cooked hot chicken pieces in 25 ml of hot garlic & chipotle sauce
3. Place the tortillas, rocket and chicken on top of each other and add pink pickled onions as a garnish. Serve with 50ml Garlic & chipotle sauce on the side.