Try this tasty vegetarian recipe from Vegan: The Cookbook, by Jean-Christian Jury. With nearly 500 vegetable-driven recipes, Vegan: The Cookbook, inspired by cuisines around the world, brings vegan home cooking to new levels of deliciousness.
This simple one-bowl meal takes 30 minutes to make and will keep the whole family fed at any time of year.
For the lemon dressing:
◆ 5 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
◆ 4 tablespoons of olive oil
◆ 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
◆ 1 tablespoon of finely chopped or grated fresh ginger
◆ 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
◆ 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
◆ 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
◆ ½ a teaspoon of salt
◆ ½ teaspoon of freshly ground pepper.
For the cauliflower:
◆ 2 lb (1 kg) of cauliflower florets
◆ 1 b 2oz (500 g) of macaroni pasta
◆ A cup (220 g) of slivered dried apricots
◆ ½ a cup (75 g) of sliced green olives
◆ A cup (240 g) of crumbled vegan feta cheese
◆ ¼ a cup (30 g) of chopped mint.
See also: Bill Granger’s King Prawns with Preserved Lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C/Gas Mark 6. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminium foil.
2. To make the lemon dressing, combine the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
3. To make the cauliflower, put it into a large bowl and add three tablespoons of the dressing; toss to combine. Reserve the remaining dressing.
4. Arrange the cauliflower in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast for 30 minutes or until golden brown, tossing halfway through.
5. Meanwhile, cook the macaroni pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the pasta, reserving ½ cup (120 ml/4 fl. oz.) of the cooking water. Return the pasta to the pan, add the roasted cauliflower, apricots, olives, feta, mint, the reserved pasta water, and the remaining dressing. Toss to combine, and serve.
With nearly 500 vegetable-driven recipes, Vegan: The Cookbook, inspired by cuisines around the world, brings vegan home cooking to new levels of deliciousness. Vegan Magazine called it “The definitive and most comprehensive cookbook of traditional and authentic home cooking vegan dishes from 150 countries around the world.”
Vegan: The Cookbook is available now at £35 from www.uk.phaidon.com and all good bookshops.