A quick but totally luxurious recipe from Jamie Oliver’s Channel 4 series, Keep Cooking Family Favourites. These creamy prawn-stuffed salmon fillets are draped with pancetta for an extra flavour boost.
Serves 4. Cooking time: 30 minutes.
See also: Nigella Lawson’s Rhubarb and Custard Trifle
- 4 x 130g salmon fillets, skin on, scaled, pin-boned
- 20g Parmesan cheese
- 80g half-fat crème fraîche
- 80g small cooked peeled prawns
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 500g spinach
- 4 rashers of smoked pancetta
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC.
- Cut down the middle of each salmon fillet lengthways on the flesh side, going about three-quarters of the way through to make a pocket.
- Finely grate the Parmesan, beat with the crème fraîche, then mix in the prawns.
- Rub a large deep sturdy tray with a little olive oil and place on a low heat on the hob.
- Peel and finely slice the garlic, add to the tray with the spinach, season, stir until just wilted, then turn the heat off.
- Nestle in the salmon fillets, divide and spoon the prawn mixture into the pockets, then sprinkle with black pepper.
- Drape one rasher of pancetta over each fillet.
- Rub the rosemary sprigs with a little oil and place one on each piece of salmon.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes, then serve.