- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic , peeled and crushed
- 2 cm ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 tbsp korma curry paste
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 150 ml chicken stock
- Squeeze of lemon juice
- a handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 300 g frozen peas
- salt and pepper
1. Heat the rape seed oil in a pan, add the onion, garlic and ginger and fry over a medium heat until the onion is soft and just beginning to brown. Add the lamb korma paste, cumin and mix with the onion mixture and fry for further 30 seconds, then add the meat and fry until lightly browned.
2. Stir in the tomato, tomato puree and stock, lemon juice and season with sea salt and black pepper, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the mixture has thickened but is still moist, add more stock if needed. Stir in the fresh coriander and peas and transfer to an ovenproof dish.
3.Put the Potatoes into a large pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer until tender. Drain the potatoes and mash them, return to the pan and add the butter and milk, season with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Spoon the potato over the lamb mixture, bake for 30 minutes until golden brown.