If you’re looking for an easy way to cook quick and healthy meals, the Instant Pot® Multi Pressure Cooker is for you. This remarkable kitchen appliance is America’s most-loved multi cooker, and one of the best-selling small kitchen appliances in the world. It has grown a global community of home cooks and food lovers, whose passion for the Instant Pot has inspired countless recipes, books, and online forums. It now spans dozens of models, with new functions and uses constantly in development. The Instant Pot simplifies the joys of home cooking, promotes healthy lifestyles, and gives you more time to relish great meals with the people you love.
See also: Nigella Lawson’s Rhubarb and Custard Trifle
Combining multiple functions including Pressure Cooker, Rice Cooker, Slow Cooker, Sauté pan, Steamer, Food Warmer and more, the Instant Pot® Multi Pressure Cooker helps people worldwide get healthy and delicious meals on the table, quicker and easier than ever before.
Here we present a whole day’s worth of delicious recipes you can prepare using your Instant Pot Multi Pressure Cooker. To find out more about the range, visit the website here.
Sweet Potato Morning Hash
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 225 g lean sausage meat
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and cubed
- 1 small onion peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 medium green pepper seeded and diced
- 500 ml Water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Set aside. the Sauté button on Instant Pot®. Stirfry sausage, sweet potato, onion, garlic, and bell pepper for 3–5 minutes until onions are translucent.
- Transfer mixture to a 7 cup greased glass dish. Pour whisked eggs over the sausage mixture.
- Place trivet in Instant Pot®. Pour in water. Place dish with egg mixture onto trivet. Lock lid.
- Press the Manual button and adjust time to 5 minutes. When timer beeps, quick-release pressure until float valve drops and then unlock lid. Remove dish from Instant Pot®. Let sit at room temperature for 5–10 minutes to allow the eggs to set. Slice and serve.
Creamy Carrot Soup with Warm Spices
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp ground coriander
- 1 tbsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1L vegetable or chicken broth
- 500 ml Water
- 900 g carrots peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 125 g plain greek yogurt
- 75 g hazelnuts toasted skinned, and chopped
- Bunch of chopped fresh coriander
- Using the highest Sauté function, heat oil in Instant Pot until shimmering.
- Add onions and salt and cook until onions are softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in ginger, coriander, fennel, and cinnamon and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir in broth, water, carrots, and baking soda.
- Lock lid in place and close pressure release valve. Select Pressure Cook function and cook for 3 minutes. Turn off Instant Pot and quick-release pressure. Carefully remove lid, allowing steam to escape away from you.
- Working in batches, process soup in blender until smooth, 1 to 2 minutes. Return processed soup to Instant Pot and bring to simmer using highest Sauté function. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle individual portions with pomegranate molasses and top with yogurt, hazelnuts, and cilantro before serving.
Massaman Curry with Tofu and Butternut Squash
- 400 g firm tofu pressed
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion cut into 1-inch pieces
- 110 g coconut cream
- 4 tbsp Massaman curry paste
- 240 ml vegetable stock
- 1 Butternut squash seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes about 650g
- 230 g coconut milk
- Handful of Fresh Thai basil leaves
- Hot steamed rice for serving
- Cut the tofu into 1/2-inch slices. Sandwich the slices in a single layer between double layers of paper towels or a folded kitchen towel and press firmly to wick away as much moisture as possible. Cut the slices into 1/2-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Select the High Sauté setting on the Instant Pot, add the coconut oil, and melt. Add the onion and sauté for 4 minutes, until the onion starts to brown. Add the coconut cream and curry paste and sauté for 2 minutes more, until bubbling and fragrant. Stir in the broth, using a wooden spoon to nudge loose any browned bits from the pot bottom, then add the squash in a single layer.
- Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program. Then select the Manual or Pressure Cook setting and set the cooking time for 1 minute at Low pressure. (The pot will take about 10 minutes to come up to pressure before the cooking program begins.)
- When the cooking program ends, perform a quick pressure release by moving the Pressure Release to Venting. Open the pot and stir in the coconut milk, then add the tofu. Press the Cancel button to reset the cooking program. Then select the Sauté setting.
Banana Bread with Walnut Streusel
- 150 g plain ﬂour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp ﬁne sea salt or kosher salt
- 72 g coconut oil melted
- 67 g organic cane sugar
- 80 ml unsweetened plain almond milk or other nondairy milk at room temperature
- 2 tbsp ﬂaxseed meal
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 very ripe medium bananas mashed with a fork
- 40 g rolled oats
- 50 g Chopped walnuts
- 2 tbsp plain ﬂour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Scant kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Grease an 8 inch × 4 inch loaf pan or a 7- inch spring form pan with cooking spray or oil and sprinkle with a spoon of ﬂour. Shake to evenly distribute the ﬂour and set the pan aside.
- For easy removal of the pan from the Instant Pot, create a foil sling.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the ﬂour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk the melted coconut oil and sugar until incorporated. Stir in the room- temperature almond milk, ﬂaxseed meal, and vanilla until well combined.
- Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with a wooden spoon or silicone spatula until just combined, taking care to not overmix. Fold in the mashed bananas with a silicone spatula.
- Pour the banana bread batter into the prepared pan and cover the pan tightly with foil. On the counter, place the pan on top of the steamer rack (with the handles facing up) and arrange the foil sling (if using) underneath the steamer rack.
- Pour 1 cup of water in the inner pot of the Instant Pot. Carefully lower the pan into the inner pot using the foil sling or steamer rack handles. A loaf pan will ﬁt very snugly.
Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to Sealing. Select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure and increase the cook time to 50 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the walnut streusel: In a small bowl, mix together the oats, walnuts, ﬂour, cinnamon, and salt. Pour in the melted coconut oil and maple syrup and fold in with a silicone spatula to evenly combine.
- Once the 50- minute timer on the Instant Pot has completed and beeps, allow a natural pressure release.
- Wearing oven mitts, grasp the foil sling or steamer rack handles and carefully lift the pan out of the Instant Pot. Carefully remove the foil cover without dropping condensation on the bread. Insert a toothpick to ensure the bread is done— it should come out with a few moist crumbs. If the bread needs more time, re- cover the pan with foil, place it back on top of the steamer rack, select the Pressure Cook setting at high pressure, and cook for another 5 minutes; allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes before performing a quick pressure release.
- Once the bread is cooked through, sprinkle the top evenly with the streusel and allow it to cool in the pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Then remove the bread from the pan and cool for another 10 minutes on the wire rack before cutting into slices.
Want to keep this bread nut-free? Omit the walnut streusel (the bread is delicious on its own) and use a nut- free milk such as oat milk or soy milk instead of the almond milk.
Find out more about the Instant Pot® range at www.instantpot.co.uk.