- A little vegetable oil, for greasing
- 300 g Fresh spinach, (10oz)
- 5 Soft flour tortillas
- 440 g Jar tomato pasta sauce
- 150 g Double Gloucester cheese, grated, (6oz)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Salad, to serve
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / fan oven 160°C / Gas Mark 4. Lightly grease a baking sheet with a little vegetable oil.
2. Put the spinach into a colander and pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the leaves. Drain well, then squeeze out the excess moisture when cool enough to handle.
3. Put 1 tortilla onto the baking sheet, and spread with one-quarter of the pasta sauce, then arrange a sliced tomato on top and sprinkle with one-third of the grated cheese. Place another tortilla on top, spread with another quarter of the pasta sauce, then add half the spinach, seasoning with a little pepper. Repeat these layers once more, then finish with the final tortilla, sliced tomato and grated cheese.
4. Bake for 25-30 minutes. Cool for a few minutes, then slice into 4 and serve with salad.
Cook’s tip: Use home-made or bought pancakes instead of tortillas, if you like.
For more information visit, www.britishcheese.com