Detox holidays enable you to come back from holiday looking fresh faced, fit and fabulous. Due to the variety of health benefits, they are already being tipped as a top trend for 2012 as more people take a DIY approach to their health and search out new ways to lose weight, get educated, ditch long term medication and kick start a more healthy lifestyle.
However, for those of us who don’t have celebrity bank balances, there are detox holidays out there that offer great value for money and are guaranteed to deliver results. Here are the top reasons to why detox holidays are tipped as a top trend for 2012.
1 You will return feeling lighter in body, clearer in mind and more energised than you have in years, plus you can lose at least one pound in weight a day, (many lose up to stone in a week).
2 You will be away from all temptations that can make it hard for you to detox or diet at home and stay on track.
3. By removing tea, coffee, alcohol, processed food, meat, dairy etc. from your diet you will be allowing your internal system such as the colon, pancreas, liver, kidneys etc. to both cleanse and rest meaning when you return they will be much more effective. Your external body will also start to cleanse with clearer eyes, softer skin, fuller hair as just some of the great positive effects.
4. You can clear your internal body of toxins whilst also enjoying a holiday!
5. Support, encouragement and expert advice is on hand 24/7 and if you have any adverse side effects you will be around a qualified and trained team who can help you through them.
6. Many detox holidays have specialist equipment and services should as colonic hydrotherapy, infrared saunas etc. that can enhance your detox process.
7. A detox holiday in the sun can boost your vitamin D levels, very important in the healing process.
8. Part of any detox program should be sleep, on a detox holiday you can rest whenever your body requires it.
9. A detox holiday works on the mind as well as body – giving you time to focus on you and give yourself important love, care and attention. Many retreats also include activities such as yoga and meditation that are helpful for detoxing the mind.
10. A detox holiday is also a great time to give up vices such as smoking and drinking to excess, and the replacement nutrients you receive may even help you to not return to them again in the future, plus you are around experts, in a safe environment and without temptation or a nearby shop to run to, which can help you get through the painful first 72 hours.
11. On a detox holiday you will allow your body to heal much more effectively and this may even have an effect on longer-term conditions and illnesses such as skin conditions, mental conditions and even major conditions such as diabetes.
12. You might end up rubbing shoulders with celebrities like Kylie, Emma Bunton, Sting or Charlotte Church!
Obsidian Retreat in Alicante, Spain, offers a three-day, two night detox from as little as 200€, while a seven day retreat starts at 500€ (excl. flights). The all-inclusive stay includes a juice-based and nutritarian diet plan, daily exercise classes from yoga to circuits and cooking tutorials, all based at a three star hotel retreat with large pool, beach access, spa and sauna. Complimentary treatments are also available. http://www.obsidianretreat.com