- 175 g plain flour
- 75 g butter, lightly salted
- 250 g Ocean Spray Wholeberry cranberry sauce
- basil leaves, small handful
- 225 g cherry tomatoes, on the vine, halved
- 300 g brie, thinly sliced
- 2 eggs
- 150 ml double cream
1. Place the plain flour and butter into a food processor and process to fine breadcrumbs. Add 1-2 tbsp cold water until the mixture comes together. Roll out on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 9in/23cm deep fluted tart tin. Chill for 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 200*C/fan oven 180*C/Gas mark 6.
2. Line the pastry case with crumpled greaseproof paper and baking beans and bake blind for 10 minutes. Remove the paper and beans and bake blind for a further 5-10 minutes until the pastry base is cooked. Turn the oven down to 180*C/fan oven 160*C/Gas mark 4.
3. Spread the Ocean Spray Wholeberry cranberry sauce over the pastry base, then layer up with the basil leaves, tomatoes and brie. Mix together the eggs and double cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and pour over the filling to cover. Bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
Leave the skin on the brie or use a rinded Goat’s cheese such as Capricorn.