- 500 g Apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 160 g Caster sugar
- 1-2 tbsp Water
- 200 g Blackberries, fresh or frozen
- Whipped Cream, to serve
- Sprinkling of Brown sugar, to serve
- 225 g Plain flour
- 110 g Butter
- 1 tsp Ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 180 oC/ fan oven 160 cO Mark 4.
2. Place the apples, 50g sugar and water into a saucepan and place on a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and stew, stirring occasionally for 5-7 minutes until quite soft. Transfer to a pie dish, then allow to cool as you prepare the crumble.
3. Place the flour and butter in a mixing bowl, then use your fingertips to rub together until the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
4. Next mix in the remaining sugar and the cinnamon. Scatter the blackberries over the apple mixture, then cover with the crumble mixture.
5. Place in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is golden and crisp.
6. Serve warm with some whipped cream and a sprinkling of soft brown sugar.