- 1 Crusty round or oval white loaf
- 4 tbsp Ocean Spray Wholeberry cranberry sauce
- 50 g Baby spinach leaves, stalks removed
- 250 g Leftover cooked turkey, thinly sliced
- 4 Cooked chipolata sausages, thinly sliced lengthways
- 150 g Cold stuffing, thinly sliced
- 2 Roasted red peppers , (available in jars from the deli counter of your supermarket)
- 150 g Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Salt, freshly ground black pepper, lemon juice and olive oil
1. Carefully slice the top off the loaf and pull out most of the crumb, leaving just a thin layer attached and taking care not to break the crust.
2. Spread the cranberry sauce over the inside of the loaf. Fill the loaf with layers of spinach leaves, turkey, sausages, cold stuffing, peppers and mozzarella, seasoning with salt, freshly ground black pepper and drizzles of lemon juice and olive oil as you go.
3. When the loaf is full, replace the top and wrap tightly in foil. Put in the fridge with a weight on top and leave for several hours or overnight.
4. To serve, unwrap and cut into thick slices with a bread knife.
Don’t think you only need to enjoy this loaf at Christmas time – it can be made at any time of year using layers of your favourite ingredients such as sliced hard-boiled eggs, ham, roasted aubergine or courgette slices, cold roast beef or roast chicken.
For more information and recipes visit www.oceanspray.co.uk