Action movie star Chris Hemsworth’s diet and exercise routine keeps him fit in his role as one of Hollywood’s leading men. Here his personal chef Sergio Perera present’s one of Thor’s favourites
Sergio Perera is a featured expert on Chris Hemsworth’s new personalised digital health and fitness program Centr, and regularly cooks for Chris and Elsa Hemsworth to help get them into perfect shape before their film roles. Sergio’s Mediterranean diet plan offers a perfect balance of good fats such as olive oils, avocados and olives, grains such as couscous, bulgar wheat and rice, proteins such as fish, chicken, red meat and of course an abundance of fresh vegetables.
Sergio’s Beet & Berries Salad With Goat’s Cheese has a preparation time of 15 minutes and a cooking time of 15 minutes. This version serves four.
- 500g beetroot
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tbs olive oil
- 3 tsp honey
- 1 orange zested & juiced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup fresh or frozen blackberries
- ½ cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup pistachios
- 200g goat’s cheese
- 4 sprigs of dill roughly chopped
- 4 sprigs of fresh mint leaves picked & roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5
- Wrap each beetroot in aluminium foil and place on a baking tray.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked.
- Set aside until cool enough to handle and rub skins off with a tea-towel, saving any juice as you peel (It’s a good idea to wear gloves).
- Cut into thin slices
- Whisk vinegar, oil, honey, zest and salt in a bowl. Add beetroot slices and beetroot juice, gently mix with dressing and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Gently toss beetroot with berries and pistachios, top with cheese and herbs and season with salt and pepper. Best served at room temperature