- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 20 g Fresh sage, chopped + 4 large whole leaves
- 1 Onion, copped
- 500 g Butternut squash, diced
- 300 g Risotto rice
- 75 ml White wine
- 350 ml Vegetable stock
- 200 g Chestnuts, whole
- 50 g Parmesan, grated
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the whole sage leaves for 1 minute until crispy, drain on kitchen paper and reserve.
- Add the onion, squash and chopped sage and fry for 5 minutes. Add the rice and cook for a further minute.
- Add the wine and reduce by half, stir in the stock gradually, keeping the pan covered and cook very gently for 25 minutes.
- Add the chestnuts 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Stir in the parmesan and season to taste. Serve garnished with the fried sage leaves.