284ml pot of buttermilk
3 dashes of Tabasco sauce
3 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
1 pack of Omega 3 thigh fillets
200g plain flour (or 150g plain flour and 50g rice flour if you have it)
1 tbsp paprika
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
500ml sunflower oil, for frying
1 pack of brioche burger buns
Sliced iceberg lettuce
1. Mix the buttermilk, Tabasco and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs and marinade for at least 2 hours.
2. Remove the chicken thighs and discard the marinade.
3. Mix the flour, paprika, onion and garlic powder in a large bowl.
4. Add the chicken thigh fillets and toss through so that they are completely coated. Shake off any excess and set aside in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. In the meantime, heat the sunflower oil in a heavy bottomed pan to 180C (or use a deep fat fryer).
6. Add the chicken and fry for 3 minutes on each side—do this in batches so as not to overload the pan. Make sure to reheat the oil to 180C before each batch.
7. Place the chicken on kitchen paper to drain any excess oil.
8. Serve in a sliced brioche bun with lettuce, pickles and mayo. This dish goes perfectly with sweet potato chips.