- 1 tbsp Butter, for lining the dish
- 2 tbsp Caster sugar, for lining the dish
- 200 g Chilean blueberries
- 100 g Plain flour
- A pinch of salt
- 75 g Caster sugar
- 1 Lemon, grated rind only
- 3 Medium eggs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 1 tsp Vanilla essence
- 150 ml Milk
- 150 ml Double cream
- Sifted icing sugar, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180oC/350oF/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 1.5 litre (2 ½ pint) ovenproof dish that is 5cm (2 inches) deep with the butter, sprinkle with the sugar then add the blueberries.
Mix the flour, salt, sugar and lemon rind together in a mixing bowl. Add the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla and whisk until smooth then gradually whisk in the milk and cream until a smooth batter.
- Pour over the blueberries so that the dish is half full then bake for 30-40 minutes until the pudding is golden brown, risen around the edges and just set in the centre. Dust generously with sifted icing sugar and serve immediately.
The baked batter will fall as it cools so put the pudding in the oven to bake while you eat your main course then serve up the minute it comes out of the oven.