This spring, join steppers across the UK fundraising with their feet for the NHS. The challenge starts on April 1st, lasts for two months and you can choose to do either 5,000 or 10,000 steps each day.
All the money raised will help ensure that the NHS has the extra support it needs to better care for staff, patients, and communities. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to boost your health!
So, sign up today and step for the NHS.
- Stepping each day is a great way to get fit, feel stronger, to lose weight – and it’s just as important for your mental well-being too.
- Stepping to improve fitness – regular walking can help you maintain a healthy weight, burn calories and help tone muscles.
- Stepping for our mental health – walking or running regularly can also be a great stress reliever and has even been shown to combat depression. Plus, the exercise-induced endorphins will leave you feeling better than ever.
- Stepping for everyone – it’s ideal for people of all ages and fitness levels. It’s also easy to build into your daily routine and doesn’t need any special equipment.
You will commit to taking 5,000 or 10,000 steps a day, every day, during April and May. All steps count towards your target, but here are some top tips to ensure you smash it.
- Do a fitness class at home or at the gym
- Take the dog for an extra walk
- Get off the train or bus a stop early
- Explore your local area
- Always take the stairs
- Meet a friend for a walk or run
- Join the Big Step Facebook group to share more tips for boosting your steps!
Alongside the amazing feeling of putting your best foot forward and boosting your health, there are a number of amazing rewards for you to earn as you tick off your fundraising milestones.
- First donation – once you have received your first donation, you will receive your special red shoelaces. Remember to share pics on the Facebook Group of the great adventures your laces will go on.
- Raise £35 – a special medal will celebrate the end of your Big Step in style. Raise £35 and you’ll receive your medal after the challenge
- Raise £100 – take on your Big Step in style by earning your very own T-shirt once you hit £100. To claim it, just reply to the email you will receive and let Big Step know your size.
Join the Big Step Facebook group to meet fellow steppers and to share tips for boosting your steps!