It’s Korean New Year on February 10th, so we thought we’d treat you to this Korean Barbecue Chicken recipe courtesy of authentic Korean food brand Sun Hee, which is launching 20 new products this month. As the popularity of Korean food continues to grow in the UK, Sun Hee is building on its current collection with delicious new sauces, noodles, a selection of Korean store cupboard staples and super convenient new meal kits. All are available in Tesco stores across the UK from February 2024. To celebrate, we invite you to explore the delicious flavours of Korean cuisine with these tasty recipes.
Korean BBQ Chicken
Serves 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Ready in: 40 minutes
- 2 tbsp Sun Hee Gochujang
- 2 tbsp Sun Hee Korean Namson BBQ sauce
- 300g of chicken of your choice (wings, breast, or thighs)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 200g plain flour
- 220ml buttermilk
- 2 tbsp honey
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds to sprinkle
- Handful of chopped chives
- Cooking oil
- To make the sauce, heat some oil in a medium hot pan and add the garlic. Then add gochujang, chilli flakes, Korean BBQ sauce and mix it together well.
- Next add the honey, give it a quick stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper before soaking it in the buttermilk for five minutes. Add the flour to a separate bowl.
- Once the chicken has soaked, remove it from the buttermilk and coat each piece in the flour.
- Heat some more oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the chicken until it’s cooked through.
- Once cooked, toss it in the sauce and serve with a garnish of chopped chives and sesame seeds.