- 1 cup fennel, sliced lengthways into pieces approx 1 cm wide
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tsp capers
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup white wine, (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cod or salmon fillets
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp fresh basil, chopped or torn
- 1/2 cup Real Olive Co. wild garlic and basil olives or Nocellara olives
- pieces Salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 200C (180C fan). Combine the fennel, celery, tomatoes, capers, water, wine and bay leaf in a metal baking pan. Place the seasoned fish on top and cover with foil. Bake for 15 minutes.
2. Put the fish on a plate and keep it covered with the foil.
3. Put the baking pan on the burner and simmer the vegetables for 5-8 minutes. Add the lemon juice, olive oil and half of the basil and mix in.
4. Place the fish on plates and top with the vegetables. Add the rest of the basil and the olives.