A new air-fryer book from the number one Sunday Times bestselling author Jenny Tschiesche, The Budget Air-Fryer Cookbook offers nutritious and money-saving recipes. Jenny includes recipes that cater for a wide range of tastes and needs, exploring ideas for using tins, jars and cartons, cooking from frozen, using up leftovers, using cheaper cuts of meat, grains and pulses, vegetable-based dishes and much more.
In this perfectly delicious combination, the saltiness of sausages combines beautifully with the sweetness of honey and piquancy of mustard. The potatoes, peppers and onions complement these flavours well.
- 400 g baby new potatoes
- 1 onion, chopped into 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon runny honey
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 6 sausages
- 5 baby peppers, roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh rosemary sprigs, to garnish
- SERVES 2
- Preheat the air-fryer to 180°C/350°F.
- Chop any larger potatoes to 3 cm/1¼ in. in length (leave any smaller potatoes whole).
- Toss the potatoes and onion wedges in the oil with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes and onion wedges to the preheated air-fryer and air-fry for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the honey and mustard, then toss the sausages in the honey-mustard mixture until evenly covered. Add these to the air-fryer and cook for a further 6 minutes.
- Toss the food in the air-fryer and add the peppers, stir everything well and air-fry for a further 7 minutes.
- Tip on to a serving platter, garnish with fresh rosemary sprigs if you wish and serve.
This recipe is from Air-Fryer Cookbook by Jenny Tschiesche.
See also: Easy Peasy Cheesy Biscuits Recipe