Ratatouille is a French dish that comes from Nice. This is a very easy and quick recipe and it's fantastic in the autumn
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 1 yellow pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 4 large tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 medium-sized courgettes, coarsely chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add garlic and onions and cook—stirring often—until softened for about 6 to 7 minutes.
- Add the aubergine and stir until coated with oil. Then add peppers and stir to combine. Cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep the vegetables from sticking.
- Add the tomatoes, zucchini and herbs. Mix well. Cover and cook over low heat for about 15 minutes, or until the aubergine is tender but not too soft. For a ‘juicy ratatouille’, add 1 and a half glasses of boiling water.
- Serve with rice, pasta, or couscous and chicken.