Coconut oil is fantastic for making healthier cakes and bakes as its solid form is perfect for getting the right batter consistency. Go on, give these great tasting brownies a go!
- 180 g KTC Coconut Oil
- 200 g dark chocolate, 70-75 percent
- 75 g cocoa powder
- 60 g plain flour
- 150 g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- Pecan nuts, crushed and halved for decoration
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C, 350F, Gas mark 4.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Break the chocolate into squares and add to a bowl along with the coconut oil. Set over a pan of boiling water to melt then mix together and leave to cool.
- In another bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour and sugar.
- Add the dry mixture to the chocolate and mix thoroughly.
- Add the beaten eggs and stir together.
- Pour onto the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes. The top should have a crust but the inside still 'gooey'. It will set a little more as it cools. When cool, cut into squares.
- Scatter the nuts on the top and serve with raspberry coulis and raspberries