This crumble is perfect for using up blackberries you have foraged for yourself! You can even substitute the blackberries for elderberries.
- For the crumble topping
- 150 g plain flour
- 70 g unsalted butter
- 70 g demerara sugar
- For the fruit
- 4 cooking apples
- 200 g blackberries
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 30 g demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp water
1. Preheat oven to 200oC.
2. Put the flour and sugar for the crumble topping in a large bowl. Add the unsalted butter and rub together until it resembles breadcrumbs.
3. Peel, core and cut the apples into chunks. Put in a saucepan with the water and sugar and heat for about 3 mins until softened. Add the blackberries and cinnamon.
4. Put the fruit mixture in a crumble dish and top with the crumble.
5. Place in the oven for 20-30 mins until golden brown.
6. Serve with vanilla ice cream or custard.
Read about how to forage for fruit on Celebrity Angels.