Try Theodore Kyriakou's Htipiti, also known as flame-roasted red peppers with feta. This traditional Greek dish is packed with flavour and straightforward to make.
300g red onions, peeled
120ml extra virgin olive oil
450g flame roasted red peppers
400g feta cheese
Handful of thyme
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the onions in half, brush them with olive oil, season and roast for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- Let the onions cool down and then chop them coarsely.
- Dice the peppers and mix with the chopped onions, by hand.
- Crumble the feta cheese and add it to the pepper & onion mix.
- Add the remaining olive oil and thyme, then mix everything together, by hand (take care not to over mix as it will only turn into a paste. Small chunks of feta should still be visible).
- Serve with toasted sourdough bread.