This succulent seabass dish by Theodore Kyriakou is enriched with blushing tomatoes and punchy capers.
500g butter onions
5 garlic cloves, peeled & left whole
1 x whole cinnamon stick
1 x 330ml jar of tomato Perasti (if not available look for a very good tomato passata)
60g capers, rinsed well
100ml extra virgin olive oil
4 x sea bass fillets (roughly 140-60g each), pin boned
Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Sprinkle of lemon thyme
- Add the whole butter onions, garlic cloves and cinnamon stick to a saucepan and cook over a very low heat with the lid on until slightly softened.
- Add the tomatoes and continue cooking for a few more minutes
- Stir in the capers, take off the heat and season to taste.
- Before placing the fish onto the grill, oil the grill grates so they don’t stick and break up.
- Preheat the grill to medium/high heat.
- Combine black pepper, salt & lemon thyme in a small bowl and season both sides of the sea bass fillets.
- Place the fish onto the grill and cook each side for 4 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and spread some of the sauce over them.
- Serve with a seasonal salad.